We apologize that it has been awhile since our last update, but much work has been done since then! Here’s a quick run down of just a few key updates:
- Chelsea Taff has filled in the roll of Vice President as Maigan has unfortunately transferred on to Rockhurst University
- Hannah Swan, Shane Giannetti, and Ariel Neal have all joined as members of Senate to fill in some empty seats for the Spring Semester
- The Sustainability Committee has successfully brought glass recycling to campus! A purple Ripple Glass container can now be found in the Mabee Center parking lot
- Funds have been allotted to the following organizations: SAGE to help facilitate the upcoming Drag Show, Residence Life Association to help purchase prizes for their upcoming Amazing Race event, and to the Cardinal Steppers to purchase stepping boots for the team.
- Senate is working closely with the Basic Needs 5K run, which will be on campus April 13th (more info to come!).
- Senate is also working with the developers of Ligo, an awesome app that will be launching on campus April 3rd
As before, we are also still in progress in our plans for Senate’s future and on our work with administration to help clarify some elements of the Honor Code.
We hope everyone had a great Spring Break, and we look forward to finishing out the year strong!